Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Natural Hair Journey - Month 2 - February 2013

***This was written in February 2013, the second month of my natural hair journey.***



*At our church's Red Rose Banquet with my son*

It has been a very busy month! Between birthday parties and banquet planning, I've hardly had time for myself! (*rolls eyes* "Right, Chinelo, like you ever did!" Lol)
 
After being obsessed for the past few months with my hair and YouTube and Facebook and every natural hair blog there is out there, I decided to take a chill pill. I removed the Facebook app on my phone, so I visit less frequently (although it seems like I traded one addiction for another: Instagram!). I installed yarn braids, so I won't fiddle with my hair as much. It took me almost a week, but I didn't care. It's MY hair. I've had them for 2 weeks and everyone has been complementing me on them, but I'm so ready to take them out, cos I miss my natural hair! (I could really get used to this "braiding my hair myself" thing. Before I decided to go natural, I would carry my braids got as long as 4 months, to get my money's worth. But now, I'm not bound by that. It's so liberating.)

I also want to take out the braids because I haven't washed or conditioned my hair since I put them in. My hair is visibly dirty and is starting to itch! So, as much as I thought I'd keep them for a month, it'll probably be more like 3 weeks.
 
It's really easy to get obsessed with my hair growth, but as they say, "A watched pot never boils." So, I'm trying to focus on other areas of my well being (skin care, oral health and hygiene...and no, I'm not obsessing there...lol).
 
No length check this month. I'll probably do one at my 3-month-mark in March, after I take down my braids. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment