Sunday, September 8, 2013

"The Thing About Change" - NEW HAIR COLOR!!!


"The more you change your mind for the better, the more your life will also change for the better."

I just began reading the book, Battlefield of the Mind (by Joyce Meyer), and the above statement is an excerpt from the introduction. I can't wait to explore more of what the book has in store. But the idea is about winning the battle in your mind. Your thoughts become your actions. So, if you change the way you think, you change the way you act.


And speaking of change...a lot has changed over the past few months.

 
As you can see, I dyed my hair red! I've been itching to for a while now... My inspiration: Toni of My Natural Sistas (check out their Instagram page @MyNaturalSistas, if you haven't already). Just incase you were wondering, I didn't get it professionally done; I did it myself...seven months post-Big Chop.
Because I wasn't sure how red hair would look on me, I started by using a semi-permanent hair color, so I could wash it out if needed. I used Manic Panic (Vampire Red), but it barely colored my hair (you could only see a hint of it in sunlight). I was so obsessed that, I went out and bought a permanent hair color, Clariol's Textures & Tones (4RV, Blazing Burgundy) and dyed it again the next day. And that was how I achieved this color. I think the Manic Panic probably helped a bit with how the color came out. Anyhow, I think it came out great.
My closet has changed gradually too! Over the summer, I learned a lot about sewing...by sewing a lot! I have improved my skills, as well as my closet! From shorts to skirts, dresses to shirts, I've added a few items to my closet that I'm proud of. And, I can't wait to start sewing some of my fall inspired outfits!


Drab to Fab Jumpsuit



Ankara Vest


Ankara Vest
 

Teal Chevron Bubble Skirt


Teal Chevron Bubble Skirt


Maxi Dress


Maxi Dress

 
Follow me on Instagram @mybeautifuloasis for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment