Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Protective Styling - Janelle Monae Inspiried Look


Janelle Monae Inspired Look
 
As a naturalista, it's fun to rock your fro, but every once in a while, your hair needs a break from manipulation. That's where protective styles come in handy.
 
For about a month, I had my hair in a protective style, but I still found ways to jazz up the look.
 
My hair was in flat twists going up around the sides and back of my head. I used kinky/marley hair for the individual twists in the top section.
 
 
 

 
 
1. Start with the individual twists in the front

2. Grab the whole section and twist away from your face

3. Find a spot in the center to tuck in the ends (adjust as needed).

4. Secure with bobby pins.

 
And you're all done!
 
 
What styles do you do while protective styling? Please, share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment